Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Crock Pot Challenge Explained!



So, many people are asking lots of questions about this blog.  What is a blog?  What is a follower and how do I follow? I thought I would just take a minute to answer some of these questions.

This blog is just a way for you to follow my culinary experiment!  So many times people ask me for recipes- now you have them!  I was looking for some new recipes and trying to spice up my weekly menu- now I have them!  Like I said before, this is just an experiment.  Many of these recipes I have not tried before and have no idea how they are going to turn out.  I am also taking recipes I've had for years and seeing if there is a way to adapt them to the crock pot.  Most of the recipes I make can be made using other methods, so if you want a quicker way to make them, let me know and I will be happy to figure it out with you!  And, just playing with the crock pot- desserts, appetizers, drinks....items I've never made in the crock pot before.  I am open to recipe suggestions as well!

Speaking of suggestions....do you have a suggestion for a recipe posting you see here?  A tip on how to improve the taste or make the recipe easier to make?  Write a comment to me.  At the bottom of every recipe there is a comment section.  I realize (although it is hard to imagine!) that there may be times when some of you don't enjoy the recipes posted.  I welcome ideas on how to improve!

To be able to post a comment, you have to become a follower.  There is really not much involved with this.  In the upper right hand corner of the blog there is a colorful tab that reads "FOLLOW".  Click on it!  If you have a Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account, it is very easy.  After you click "Follow", there will be 3 more tabs labeled with these 3 accounts.  If you have one, click on the tab and enter your email address and password.  Then click on the tab that says "Follow This Blog".  That's it!  You're done!  If you don't have any of these accounts, you only have one more step.  There is a smaller link below that says "Create a Google Account".  Click on this, enter your EXISTING email address and you're done!  Easy as Crock Pot Soup!  Once you are a follower, you can comment away!  Also, I'm hoping that by people becoming followers, it will help them to keep interest, and not fade away after week 33!  I also encourage people to tell their friends about this blog.  The more the merrier- a crock pot recipe makes a ton to share!

Navigating around this blog is very easy.  Obviously, when you open the site, this week's posting is displayed.  Hopefully a pic, the recipe, and my own special tips!  Easy.  To the upper right hand corner, as described above, is the Followers section.  Right below that, there is my list of blogs I am following.  Random Kitchen Adventures With Robin is another cooking blog authored by a friend of mine.  Robin's blog has great tips, recipes, pics- it's got it all, and you don't need to own a crock pot to use her recipes! So, if you are looking to put the crock pot away for a week (don't forget about it!) or looking for a scrumptious dessert to go with your creation, click on the link! Coming soon- Cancer Awareness Info, a new blog I'm helping a friend develop.  It's still a work in progress, but it is authored by a breast cancer survivor who wants to share her potentially life saving information with as many people as possible.  Below these links, is the Archive.  This has all the previous week's recipes.  Feel free to browse and have fun!

So that's it!  That's my blog!  I am really excited to get this, and keep this, rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment