Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week 2: French Dip



1 rump roast
1 large onion, quartered
1/2 cup white cooking wine
1 pkg dry au jus gravy mix
2 cups beef broth

Place all ingredients in pot.  Cook high 5-6 hours, low 10-12 hours.  Thinly slice or shred roast. Pour juice through a strainer.  I toasted hoagie rolls in the oven and placed a piece of provolone cheese on it- 'til melted and bubbly!  Served with mashed potatoes makes a wonderful, filling meal!

This recipe came from one of my favorites- Fix-It and Forget-It:  Feasting with Your Slow Cooker.  It calls to slice the onion, but I am not a fan of eating the onions.  Quartering the onion instead of chopping or slicing makes it easy to add the onion for flavor and easy to remove prior to eating.

5 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try this one first-the provolone sold me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! this is wonderful! We made it for dinner last night and it's so tender and full of flavor! It would be good straight, with potatoes and veges. Super recipe, Crockpot Maestro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! I made this today for football halftime, everyone loved it. Enjoying the smell as it cooked added an extra deliciousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems to be a real crowd pleaser! (Especially in one household I know!!!) So glad it worked out- I will definitely be making this again too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added a sliced banana pepper to the French Dip sandwich and it was delicious!!! The French Dip was wonderful. Our roast was about 4 lbs. and we will get 3 meals out of it easily.

    ReplyDelete