Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week 35 : Fruity Chops



1 jar peach/mango salsa
2 apples, chunked
2 peaches, chunked
2 cups apple juice
1 cup water
2 Tbs cinnamon
pork chops

In Crock Pot, stir together salsa, juice, water and cinnamon.  Place pork chops in pot.  Arrange apples and pears over the top.  Cook on LOW 8 hours.

Well, I thought I would be seasonal and use those fresh Palisades peaches that everyone is running to the store to buy out.  I think I just might give up using pork chops/roasts in the Crock Pot.  The flavor in this one is delicious, but the chops were very dry.  Perhaps a little less time in the slow cooker would've produced a different outcome.  Another pork flop!  I'm not really a pork chop girl to start with and this recipe didn't help the cause!

http://www.justapinch.com/recipe/kelly61880/peach-salsa-slow-cooker-pork-chops/pork 

No comments:

Post a Comment